- Champion the interests of PAs working in the VA system and promote these interests at the federal level and to the American Academy of PAs.
- Increase access to medical care for our nation’s veterans by decreasing barriers to practice for PAs within the VA.
- Provide opportunities and resources for medical education, CME and life-long learning for PAs.
- Develop and sustain collaborative relationships with organizations that share common goals.
- Provide a focal point for sharing information among VA PAs across the nation.
- We commit to the highest standards and seek to eliminate disparities and barriers to quality healthcare.
- VAPAA does not represent PAs in individual local employment matters.
- VAPAA may provide guidance and support to VAPAA members, but local employment matters such as step increases, pay, credentialing, assigned tour hours, and discipline can only be addressed at the local level and/or with AFGE.
- Also see the FAQs page.